Friday, July 27, 2012

TGIF {6}: Christmas In July

Hey Remarkable Readers!  I'm ready for another TGIF!  TGIF is hosted by Ginger at GReads! and every friday, she'll have a topic to post about!  Here's this week's:


Friday, July 27th - Christmas in July: If Santa were to come down your chimney in the middle of summer, which books would you want him to leave for you under the tree?


Personally, I don't think I need too many more books that I haven't read, so I think I'd want some finished copies of ARCs that I've read or books I've checked out from the library.  My shelf is full of TBR and I think it needs some "Already Read" love!  I would want:


Divergent by Veronica Roth
A nice hardcover copy of would be awesome to match my signed copy of Insurgent!


Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
This book is total shelf candy.  It's beautiful and the illustrations are so pretty to look at.


The Cardturner by Louis Sachar
I read this a long time ago and loved it.  It wasn't really a highly rated book so it's more of a hidden gem.  It also features the rules to play bridge and I want to reread that part to learn how to play!

The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
I also read this a long time ago and loved the cover!  I think it would look awesome on my shelf :)


I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
I love love loved this book!  I have the second book and it's all lonely haha ;)
Eve and Once by Anna Carey
I didn't really enjoy these all that much, but I do want them for my shelf.  The covers and kinda pretty.


What would you want? :)
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Divergent is a a fun read! And I've seen I Am Number Four but have never gotten the chance to read it before. Great post! Here's my TGIF: http://wp.me/p1WoFm-nI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Divergent! I Am Number Four was great! You should definitely check it out! heading over to read your post now.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. You are right about Wonderstruck and its cover-I haven't read it yet, but it is on my shelf. I can actually see it from my bed right now. :)

    You have a lot of books listed that are on my TBR list-I need to move them to my have read list!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divergent and I Am Number Four are two of my favorite books of all time! They're both so good, and for different reasons ;)

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of my post? Have you read any of the books I may have spoke about? Do you agree with what I said? Etc. I love hearing from my readers!!