Monday, July 2, 2012

Trying Some Tea & Orange and Spice Tea Review

Hey Remarkable Readers,
     So I'm a pretty big tea drinker.  It's great when cuddling up with a book during the winter or staying up late during the summer.  Tea always makes me feel cozy and comfortable.  Here's the thing, though: I only drink Lipton (or any other mainstream brand) Lemon Tea.  I've never tasted any tea other than plain and boring old "Tea."  Until Now, that is.
     So, "Why are you drinking different tea now?" you ask.  Well, ever since I read Meredith from Mint Tea and A Good Book's Post about spring teas, I've wanted to give some a try.  I finally dragged myself to the tea aisle at the store when I remembered yesterday and bought a Bigelow Herb Tea Sampler.  It comes with six different types of tea, three tea bags for each flavor.  That's 18 tea bags!
     Another reason I wanted to try some teas is because of the little poll on the left of my blog.  I want to start reviewing other things every once and a while.  Maybe a Movie, or a CD, or a product.  I'll be keeping all the products literary related, though!
     Anyways, I'll be reviewing some of the Teas in the box soon!  Keep Reading for my first review :)


Bigelow Orange & Spice Herb Tea

Description: A zesty blend of orange & spice.  Orange & Spice (and everything nice) that's what our delightful tea is made of.  The old-fashioned goodness of this delicious herb tea will add something special to your day.

Ingredients: rose hips, spices, hibiscus, orange peel, roasted chicory, natural orange flavors (soy lecithin)

 Other Things You Need To Know: This tea is All Natural, Caffeine Free, and Gluten Free.  The tea bag is meant to be steeped for 3-5 minutes.

Under "Other Things You Need To Know" I mentioned that the tea bag is meant to be steeped for 3-5 minutes.  If you don't "speak tea," that means that the tea bag is only supposed to sit in the hot water for that long, no longer.  I mentioned this because I made a mistake.  I did read the package before preparing the tea but, forgot to take out the tea bag anyway.  I thought the tea was pretty good at first but, as I continued to drink it (over the course of 20 minutes), it became progressively worse.  By then I was thinking "Why in the world is this tasting worse by the minute?  It tastes horrid!".  That's when I got up to throw it out and then released my error.  Anyways, I tried this tea after a long summer day at the beach and the pool.  I was all clean (and exhausted) and ready to sit down and read, so I made the tea.  Let me just say that even though I wasn't crazy about the tea itself, it smells amazing.  I happen to think it smells like apple pie and I believe it's because of all the spices.  The tea tasted a bit light at first and then very orange-y.  It does taste very rose-y and floral which I really liked.  It makes sense because rose hips are the first and most used ingredient.  The orange was a little heavy though.  I didn't really love the tea but, I'd definitely try it out again.  I think it might be an aquired taste.

Final Grade: 3/5 Teacups ;)

Have you tried different types of tea?


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love herbal teas! I consider myself a bit of a tea snob and Bigelow is by far my favorite brand. Some of my favorites are:

    Bigelow:
    -Raspberry Royale
    -Mint Medley
    -Earl Grey
    -Cranberry Apple
    -Green Tea with Mint

    Celestial Seasonings: (These are their 2 of their "Holiday teas" but you can get them year-round from their website)
    -Candy Cane Lane
    -Nutcracker Sweet (good with a bit of milk and sugar, one of the only teas I drink with cream)

    If you are looking for a yummy black tea, I really like Darjeeling but I'm not sure of any particular brand. Twinings Brand teas are usually very good and high quality as well.

    Happy tea drinking! :)

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of my post? Have you read any of the books I may have spoke about? Do you agree with what I said? Etc. I love hearing from my readers!!