Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum

The Hourglass Door (Hourglass Door Trilogy, #1)
     Back in December, my friends and I stumbled upon a hidden gem by the name of The Hourglass Door.  Though not the most popular YA book, it quickly became one of my favorite books.  It is a paranormal romance novel, but not the kind you're used to (no vampires!).  The Hourglass Door is a refreshing and charming read with several remarkable plot twists.  
     The novel focuses on Abby, a high schooler who is nothing, but average.  Her boyfriend is too perfect for her liking, her grades are just fine, and her job backstage at the play is working out, but she would much rather have a more spontaneous life.  Soon she meets Dante, an olive-skinned, black haired, gorgeous, Italian exchange student who pulls you in closer with every line you read.  He's a charming Italian poet and every time Abby is around him, she feels-different.  She soon discovers a strange secret about his past and is drawn in even closer to him.  I promise not to spoil, so you have to read the rest yourself. :)

     This is an amazing book!  You've never heard of this kind of paranormal, I promise!

Comment if you've read it or are planning to read!

The sequel has already been released (The Golden Spiral) and the third book comes out this summer (the forgotten locket) !  I'm looking forward to reading the second book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think of my post? Have you read any of the books I may have spoke about? Do you agree with what I said? Etc. I love hearing from my readers!!