Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday and WWW Wednesday

How to Save a LifeHow to Save a Life by Sara Zarr



Jill MacSweeney just wants everything to go back to normal. But ever since her dad died, she's been isolating herself from her boyfriend, her best friends--everyone who wants to support her. You can't lose one family member and simply replace him with a new one, and when her mom decides to adopt a baby, that's exactly what it feels like she's trying to do. And that's decidedly not normal. With her world crumbling around her, can Jill come to embrace a new member of the family?

Mandy Kalinowski knows what it's like to grow up unwanted--to be raised by a mother who never intended to have a child. So when Mandy becomes pregnant, she knows she wants a better life for her baby. But can giving up a child be as easy as it seems? And will she ever be able to find someone to care for her, too?

Critically acclaimed author and National Book Award finalist Sara Zarr delivers a heart-wrenching story, told from dual perspectives, about what it means to be a family and the many roads we can take to become one.


WWW Wednesday:

Currently Reading: Hades by Alexandra Adornetto
Recently Finished: Dark Parties by Sara Grant
Reading Next: The Moving Finger by Agatha Christie

Dark PartiesHades (Halo)The Moving Finger: A Miss Marple Mystery (Miss Marple Mysteries)
 

What are you reading?  Let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. Hades looks really good :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-wednesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be in the mood for a book like this, but it does sound really good.

    Christy
    Love of Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Library Snake- I'm reading the first page now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy- I'm pretty much the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Agatha Christie's books. The Moving Finger is a great one.
    Here's my W...W...W...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren B- I love her writing. I have only read one of her books: And Then There Were None and it was amazing! If you haven't read it yet, you need to!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of my post? Have you read any of the books I may have spoke about? Do you agree with what I said? Etc. I love hearing from my readers!!