Tuesday, July 12, 2011

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson













When Ginny receives thirteen little blue envelopes and instructions to buy a plane ticket to London, she knows something exciting is going to happen. What Ginny doesn't know is that she will have the adventure of her life and it will change her in more ways than one. Life and love are waiting for her across the Atlantic, and the thirteen little blue envelopes are the key to finding them in this funny, romantic, heartbreaking novel.- Goodreads
I am writing this approximately 2 minutes after reading the last page of 13 Little blue envelopes.  The book was great!  I liked Ginny's character, although she seemed to contradict yourself once and a while.  The end of the book tied things up very well, so I really look forward to seeing how Maureen Johnson began the sequel (The Last Little Blue Envelope) because the story seemed like it was definitely over.  I also really enjoyed the Adventure feel of the book.  I think the only thing I didn't like about 13 Little Blue Envelopes was the rushed feeling towards the beginning, but eventually it went away as she began to stay places longer.  I'm also a big fan of scavenger hunts, so this was a good book for me :) .  I also liked the sense of really not knowing what was coming next ; I guess you'd call it uncertainty.  Maureen Johnson has a very humorous sense of writing which made 13 Little Blue Envelopes a refreshing summer read!  

Overall: 4.5 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book! I really want to travel now. I also loved Keith. I didn't like the sequel as much.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of my post? Have you read any of the books I may have spoke about? Do you agree with what I said? Etc. I love hearing from my readers!!