Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Across the Universe




Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.



I read this book a few months ago.  I found it to be pretty interesting.  I really liked that Beth Revis' characters seemed so real, even in the presence of equipment and situations that probably won't be present for years.  Amy was always thinking of her family even when Eldest wanted her to get over the fact that she'd never see her family again, which sounds exactly like what a real girl would do.  I also liked that Elder often stood up against Eldest.  I hate when characters don't act human in other books.  Some authors tend to forget to make there characters the slightest bit rebellious and the reader is left reading about some inhumane goody two shoes person who they can't relate to, but not in Across the Universe!  The book was also very Sci-Fi , maybe a little too Sci-Fi for me to really LOVE it, but if you're into Sci-Fi a lot, then definitely read Across the Universe by Beth Revis!

Overall Rating: ★★★★✩ (4 out of5) 

1 comment:

  1. This book was amazing! I loved the whole spaceship concept and having to be frozen. I thought Elder was adorable and the way he loved Amy. Was totally shocked to find out what he did.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of my post? Have you read any of the books I may have spoke about? Do you agree with what I said? Etc. I love hearing from my readers!!