Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Matched by Allie Condie

Matched

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

Look for CROSSED, the sequel to MATCHED, in Fall 2011!
     Forbidden Love…how could anyone not like the idea?  Add in a dysotopian background and abracadabra- an amazing book!  Matched by Allie Condie is a gem!  I will definitely be purchasing the paperback when it comes out in September !  The story was so beautiful and intriguing; It left me wondering who my match would be if we lived in Cassia's society.  I also really liked how Cassia was so curious and accepting of Ky Markam's lifestyle and how she stood up for him.  Allie Condie crafted a story where I was able to fall in love with both of the major male roles in the story.  
     When I read Matched, I actually did not read it.  I checked it out in audiobook format from my local library and I actually really liked the voice of the reader because I felt like it was perfectly matched (no pun intended ;) ) to my mental depiction of Cassia.
     As I write this review, I'm trying really hard to think of something bad to say about the novel, but I honestly cannot think of anything!  I would definitely recommend this novel to anyone who is into YA.

Overall: 5/5

Happy Reading!,
   Jessie @ Remarkable Reads
    

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book! I found the society that could predict your every move to be very interesting. I loved Xander and felt so bad for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book was wonderful! I just finally got around to reading it! I need to get my hands on Crossed soon! I enjoyed Cassia's character and I loved both the boys!! I feel bad for both boys in the book because they both obviously have feelings for Cassia. Ahhh!! I need to go read Crossed now!! :) I can't choose between Xander and Ky. I love them both!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of my post? Have you read any of the books I may have spoke about? Do you agree with what I said? Etc. I love hearing from my readers!!