Monday, July 18, 2011

I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies)

In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.

The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I Am Number Four is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.

I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT.
I am Number Four is definitely one of my favorite books of all time.  If you don't like alien books, please give it a try anyway!  I'm not a big fan of aliens in a book myself because descriptions can just get sort of painstakingly wordy when you are trying to picture a foreign creature, but I am Number Four is nothing like that.  I just loved how it was just a good, clean, beautiful read.  The romance between John Smith and Sarah Hart was just so…light?  I can't think of a word to describe it, but I liked that it was sort of shy and they were a perfect fit for each other.  They weren't desperate for each other.  There was also a very surprising twist at the end, too.  The characters were all described perfectly and given a personality to match.  I really liked how Sarah was into photography, I guess I just liked that you felt like you knew so much about the characters; like how you were taken into John's memories of Lorien.  I read this book back in February on a ski trip and I remember rushing to read it so that we could see the movie (which did not match the book at all :(, but was still good) while we were on vacation.  It wasn't a story that you needed to dwell on, either; I just blew right through it and Loved it!  I cannot wait to read the sequel, coming out in August and I just really hope I can get my hands on an ARC so I can review it on Remarkable Reads! :)

Overall: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think of my post? Have you read any of the books I may have spoke about? Do you agree with what I said? Etc. I love hearing from my readers!!