Saturday, December 24, 2011

Guest Post: Holiday Reads

Hey Everyone,
Today I have Melanie from The Reclusive Bibliophile stopping by for a guest post!  She'll be talking about some Holiday reads that are great for the readathon!  I love her picks!


Five Wintry Books for this Holiday Season:

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn: This book was one of my favorites of 2010. When Dash and Lily exchange messages with each other via a red notebook, they end up on a wild goose chase around New York City searching for clues that will reveal each others' identities. Dash and Lily is packed with romance and comedy and holiday spirit.

Trapped by Michael Northrop: When you're stuck inside after a blizzard of epic proportions, Trapped is an excellent reminder that it can always be worse. A group of teens get stuck inside a school during the snowstorm of a lifetime. As they lose power and heat and food, they'll have to be cunning and resourceful if they want to make it out alive.

Kissing Snowflakes by Abby Sher: Kissing Snowflakes is a light romance, perfect for curling up by the fire with a steaming mug of hot chocolate over winter break. While vacationing with her family at a ski lodge in Vermont, Sam just wants to find a winter fling to keep her company.

Let it Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Mau
reen Johnson: This book of three interconnected short stories by some of my favorite authors features a major snowstorm, cheerleaders, a Waffle House, and a pig. These playful, funny, and touching stories of holiday friendship and romance make for a great read and a wonderful gift.

Winter's Kiss by Jennifer Echols and Catherine Hapka: This bindup, which will be released at the tail end of the holiday season (in time to use your gift cards), includes The Ex Games and The Twelve Dates of Christmas. I haven't read either book yet, so I'm looking forward to picking this up when I'm in need of some snow day reading.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think of my post? Have you read any of the books I may have spoke about? Do you agree with what I said? Etc. I love hearing from my readers!!